Mojito




Since my mint plants started to climb up to my window sill in the kitchen. I cut some sections off the branches and placed them in water containers. After several days or so, the branches started to grow roots and got taller too. Now I have to plant them in some potting soil. They love the full sun and lots of water. I use the mint leaves for cooking, baking and making drinks.




I cut a handful of mint leaves the other day and placed them in a saucepan. I added 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar and mixed thoroughly. I heated the sugar until it dissolved. Next, I removed the mixture from the heat, strained out the mint leaves & stored the liquid in the fridge to make drinks. The result is mint syrup.





The next day after supper, I made a refreshing drink called Mojito. It was a relaxing treat for me after cooking and cleaning in the kitchen. If you have not tried a Mojito before, you will definitely enjoy this one.

1. Pour 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi and 2 tbsp of the mint syrup described above into a tall glass.
2. Add a handful of mint leaves and muddle it together.
3. Add crushed ice.
4. Squezze half a lime. (Since I was out of lime I used lemon).
5. Add a splash of club soda and stir. Garnish with mint sprigs and slice of lime or lemon.



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts