Mango Ice Cream

The poor mango was sitting on my kitchen counter for a week and since it changed color to red orange, it had been calling my name. I didn't know what to do at first, eat the mango plain, make mango salsa or maybe mango chutney. None of them I thought agreed with me.

I remember my mom used to make popsicles, but instead of using a stick, she used a plastic mold called tube pops or freezersicles (long plastic popsicles with fruity flavor inside). My mom always used cantaloupe melon to make the tube pops. It was a wonderful treat when I was little.

Since the weather started to get a little hotter here in Southern Arizona, I decided to make mango ice cream. Normally, I buy ice cream at the super market, but now that I know how to make ice cream with the help of all the recipes available on line, I would rather make ice cream my own, and make all my favorite flavors. I don't have to own a machine to make delicious ice cream. Several mango ice cream recipes with no machine needed are available on line.


Here's a recipe:

1 mango pureed- makes almost 1 cup
1 cup mango juice with pulp
1 whipped cream or whipped heavy cream
8 oz condensed milk
8 oz evaporated milk


Whisk mango pureed, juice, condensed and evaporated milk in a bowl, then fold slowly with whipped cream. Refrigerate overnight.

Comments

Popular Posts