Sweet Treats on Valentine's Day

We don't celebrate Valentines Day as much as we used to do, because our every day life is always a Valentine's Day.  My husband got me a bunch of flowers and of course, I made a special dinner for us; steak and lobster, with steamed potato, and salad.💕


It was just a quiet, simple and no reservation required dinner for the two of us in the comfort of our home. After our dinner, we indulged in my homemade Macarons with hot tea,  relaxed on our couch and watched movies on Netflix.


 Making macarons on a rainy day was a gamble, because the humidity can cause them to crack and prevents them to rising properly.


After piping the macarons onto the cookie sheet, I let them sit inside the cool oven for an hour and transfered them to the counter for another hour until they were dry and ready to bake.


After baking the Macarons, they turned out  light, slightly crisp on the outer shell and without any hollow spaces. I made different flavors, dark chocolate and white chocolate ganache with a tiny drop of rose extract in the filling.  🍭

Comments

Popular Posts