Painting Ballerinas

The store where I buy all my watercolor painting supplies is closing for business nationwide. They are having a 40% - 60% sale, so I bought a few brushes and watercolor paints along with some frames to hang some of my paintings. I could use more watercolor paper, but they were all sold out.


Looking back when I was in elementary school I learned how to draw a sunflower and found I had a talent for artwork. I had so much fun sketching compared to the main subjects in the class. And instead of reading a book, I would draw during my free time from homework.



Some of my fondest memories are when I used to draw with my younger sister in our school notebooks. I don't know how much paper we wasted, but we were having a good time drawing flowers, people, trees and making paper dolls; especially, when there a storm or typhoon and we couldn't go outside to play. I remember every thing was quiet except for the strong winds and heavy rainfall. Kind of scary, but for us, it was a good time to draw.


I liked to watch my older brother draw comic superheroes with their muscular arms and legs fighting with the bad guys. His drawings looked exactly like the characters in the comic books. He was so talented. I feel sad that he was only 50 when he passed away, but knowing that he is no longer in pain and is in a much better place with my parents in heaven makes me feel better. I mentioned him because he who motivated me to keep on drawing; may he rest in peace.


Watercolor painting allows my mind to relax and let go of all things that stress me. It also stimulates my creative mind. I especially enjoy painting hummingbirds. During the summer, I have a great view of them through my kitchen window hoovering around the garden and taking a sip or two from our feeders.



Ballerinas are also a favorite subject of mine to draw and paint. The way they move gracefully and show emotion in their movements and poses is something I like to express in my paintings. I am a perfectionist in my artwork, and so it's sometimes hard for me be satisfied with my work even though people tell me it is very good. I think that is the way artists are; we are always trying to do better than our last work. 

Comments

Popular Posts