Goodbye 2019 and Welcome 2020!

2019 has just went by so fast, lots of good, some sadness and many blessings happened. My mother has passed away in the late January 2019,  and it was the saddest thing I've ever felt in my life. She is not only my mom but was a best friend that I could always lean on when I needed someone. 



Every week we just talked non sense and funny things; we both laughed while reminiscing about the old but good times back home in the Philippines. My mom was a good cook and I still miss her cooking today. I remember she would make me eat all the good food she made and told me that I was too thin and I needed to eat more. I think it was her way for me to learn cooking.



Looking back, I can see that I have acquired her love for cooking. In the years since I left home to start my own life and have a family, I learned to cook by experimenting in the kitchen with variety of recipes from all over the world through the many cook books I've bought, which now stand well used in my kitchen with curled up page corners and a good number of food stains throughout each volume.

Today, I find myself cooking these recipes just like I used to see my Mom in her kitchen; I don't need to use measuring spoons or graduated cups, I instinctively know how much ingredients and spices to add for just the right flavor. The food tastes great and my husband loves it.

It took me a year to cope from her passing, but her memories will always live in my heart forever.


"My Mom once told me that when a butterfly lands on you, it might be their way of sending you a message from heaven."

Our greatest blessing was when I become a grandmother to a healthy baby boy in late August of 2018. My husband and I went to see him in New Mexico when he was 3 months old for Thanksgiving that year. The weather was windy and cold, but we really didn't care about the weather, we were just so excited to spent time with our daughter, son in law and the cutest grandson ever.

For Thanksgiving dinner, my daughter and I cooked a delicious Thanksgiving meal; it was a blessing to spend the holiday with my daughter's family. I went back to visit them again in 2019 before Thanksgiving and had an amazing time with my grandson. I definitely will make many more good memories together by visiting them more often.

"You have made our life full of fun, and our greatest blessing is to have you in our life."

My dog got ill while I was visiting my daughter and her family. My husband had to take her to the Vet ER. She was suffering from a collapsed trachea and developed liquid in her lungs. She was admitted overnight to the Vet ER until she recovered. I had to cancel my trip and flew back home to see my precious little one. I was grateful that she recovered fast.

My dog has always been an important part of my life; although, she has little feet but runs like a bulldog."

Sometimes good and bad things happen in life; I am so grateful everything has turned out good in the end, but sad times are unavoidable; it's those hard times that make us strong and have strengthened my husband and mine bonds.

""Thank you God for all the blessings in 2019, for all the strength you give me each day
and for all the people around me who make my life more meaningful."


"May our 2020 be full of blessings with love, happiness, good health and good luck."


Comments

Popular Posts