Blackened Tilapia


Recently, I found an Asian market that sells fresh seafood. I enjoy buying seafood at the Asian market, they will ask if you want to clean the fish yourself and they do it for you.  I was craving for Tilapia and since my hubby is a little picky on eating fish, I thought if I can cook it with several spices and marinate it, then maybe he would enjoy it without the fishy taste. So I bought the Tilapia and had it filleted.

I found the recipe at food.com, The only ingredient I was missing  is celery seed. So, I used coriander seed instead and ground it in my mortar and pestle.

Serving for 4
1 lb Tilapia, fillet
3 tbsp paprika
1 tbs onion powder
1 pinch garlic powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp kosher salt to taste
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Method:

Mix all the spices in a flat plate. Coat the Tilapia fillets with the spice mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature for no longer than 30 minutes. Heat the oil until hot. Cook fillets for about 3 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork. Remove from pan. Pour pan juices over the fillets and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with your favorite veggies or fried rice.

Comments

Popular Posts