Trout with Mushrooms


We have been eating poultry and beef for the past few days. So, I thought it would be nice to have fish today. I defrosted some sea trout that I bought fresh at the  market and prepared it for dinner with the delicious recipe I wrote below. My hubby, who usually doesn't like fish, really enjoyed this trout recipe. The sauce added a yummy taste to the fish. I myself enjoyed the recipe as well. I definitely recommend trying it out.

1whole trout, filleted* to serve 2  
1 fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley 
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced



6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

In a large skillet, sauté  the garlic, onions & mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in parsley. Remove mushrooms to a serving platter; keep warm. Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish; coat fillets with flour mixture on both sides. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Cook trout over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; arrange over mushrooms.
For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in cream and lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. 


Serve over trout and mushrooms.

Recipe by Allrecipe

Comments

Popular Posts