Memories from the Kitchen



The good thing about cooking fresh from the farmers market is the veggies taste better than chemical processed produce bought at the supermarket. Unfortunately, organic produce costs more.

When I was little living in the Philippines, my mom would wake up early at sunrise and stroll down to the market, or sometimes if she brought more than one bayong (native bayong bags are made of materials like bamboo strips, buri and rattan strips), she would take a tricycle or the kalesa (is a horse drawn carriage) to the open market. She made the trip early because the vegetables, fish and meats were more fresh in the a.m. We did not have a big refrigerator, so she often would cook the food as soon as she got home. I can still remember how tasty and fresh her food tasted.

Now that I am older, I enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes. My family enjoys the meals as well, regardless of whether it takes 15 min or longer to prepare. My passion for cooking comes from me watching my mom preparing her delicious meals when I was a little girl. I learned a lot from watching her that I use today when I cook my own meals. Thanks Mom!

Comments

Popular Posts