Fried Plantain



I bought some plantains at the Spanish store and I forgot to cook them when my brother came by to visit us in Delaware. I was going to make a Filipino plantain dessert, but I was running out of time.

So, with these unused plantains still in my kitchen, I thought I would try a different way of frying them. They turned out quite good and thought I would share the recipe with you.

2 ripe plantains, cut lengthwise
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup cooking oil

Mix the bread crumbs, sugar, flour, cinnamon & nutmeg in a bowl. Heat the oil in the frying pan to 350 degrees. Pour the buttermilk in a bowl, set aside. Let the cut plantains soak in the buttermilk for about 5 mins.

Dip the sliced plantains into the dry mixture, so they are thoroughly coated. Slowly fry them on both sides and cooked until brown. Served them hot or cold with Vanilla Ice Cream.

Comments

Popular Posts